HJG Dwarf House, Inc.
Relationship to Chick-fil-A, Inc.
HJG Dwarf House and its third-party service providers collect Information about you from a variety of sources, including Information you provide directly to us, and Information we collect about you when you interact with us. For example, we and our third-party service providers collect Information both directly and indirectly from you when you:
- visit our restaurants;
- order and/or purchase any of our products or services;
- contact or communicate with us;
- create an account with us;
- request information from us;
- register for any event or program, and/or participate in any event, program, contest, survey, or other promotion that we may offer from time to time (collectively, “Promotions”);
- begin or complete the application process for employment by HJG Dwarf House or one of its restaurants;
- access or use HJG Dwarf House pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (“Social Media Pages”);
- sign-up for communications (e.g., mailing lists emails, and social media notifications) from us;
- provide or submit comments, stories, suggestions, or other content or input to us; and/or
- otherwise interact with us and our Online Services.
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information provided by you or on your behalf including, without limitation,
- telephone numbers (including mobile numbers);
- email addresses;
- date of birth and/or age;
- demographic information; and/or
- financial information (e.g., credit and debit card numbers).
We and our third-party service providers may also collect Information relating to your purchases from HJG Dwarf House or any of its restaurants, such as the authorization code of the transaction, payment method, the date and time of the transaction, items purchased, and the purchase price (“Transaction Data“).
Information Collected Automatically
We and our third-party service providers use traffic data, cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies to automatically collect certain Information from you when you use our Online Services, including, without limitation,:
- your IP address;
- browser type and operating system;
- pages you view within our Online Services;
- websites you visited before coming to our Online Services;
- emails from us that you open and/or forward; and/or
- offers or links from us to which you connect.
We use this Information to personalize your online experience and for marketing purposes.
Traffic Data. Our Online Services automatically track and collect your IP address, domain server, type of computer, and type of web browser for our marketing purposes and to manage and improve our Online Services.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx;
- For Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options+window+-+Privacy+panel\;
- For Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677; and/or
If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our Online Services.
Web Beacons. Certain pages on our Online Services and Social Media Pages may contain web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs), which are small bits of code embedded in pages or images on our Online Services and Social Media Pages (“Web Beacons”). We may also include Web Beacons in e-mails we send to you to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded. You can disable the ability of Web Beacons to capture such Information. Please refer to the “Help” menu of your browser to learn more about and your ability to disable them.
Location Data: When you use our Online Services on a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store real-time “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude). Location data may convey to us Information about how you browse and use our Online Services. You may opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device; however, some features of our Online Services, such as Find a Restaurant, may not work if you opt-out.
Device Information: We may collect Information about the computer or device you use to access our Online Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, and mobile network information. In addition, our Online Services may access your device’s image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of our Online Services.
Other Technologies. We and our third-party service providers may also utilize other tracking technologies, including, without limitation, “referrers” and various environmental variables, embedded script and ETags. Such technologies are used by many online services and optimize your online experience.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), with some of our Online Services. Google Analytics collects Information such as how often you visit our Online Services, what pages you visit within our Online Services, and what other sites you visited prior to coming to the applicable Online Service. We use the Information provided by Google Analytics to improve our Online Services. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses and shares your Information please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Google provides users more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics by developing an Opt-out Browser Add-on which can be located at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. By installing this Add-on, no Information is being sent to Google Analytics.
California’s Do Not Track Notice
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, our Online Services are unable to respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not, however, currently track your Personal Information over time and across third-party websites.
HJG Dwarf House does not allow unaffiliated, third parties to collect Personal Information about your online activities when you use our Online Services for such third party use. We do use third party web analytics services on our Online Services, such as Google Analytics, to help us obtain and analyze Information about your browsing or usage habits but, at this time, such Information does not include Personal Information other than your IP address.
We use your Information that we collect, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- providing our products and services to you;
- processing payments;
- tailoring our products, services, Promotions, communications, Online Services and advertisements to your interests;
- creating and managing your accounts with us (e.g., online registrations for events, online ordering, mobile application payments, etc.);
- administering our Promotions and other offers;
- responding to your inquiries, comments, or postings;
- improving and customizing our products, services, Promotions, and Online Services;
- for internal operations such as enhancing our product and service offerings, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis;
- developing new products, services, and Promotions;
- for marketing purposes;
- to protect the security and integrity of our business and our Online Services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share and disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the development, maintenance, and support of our Online Services and Social Media Pages, payment processing, online ordering, mobile payments, the distribution of email and mobile messages, Promotions, and marketing research and analysis;
- with Chick-fil-A, its other affiliates, and its franchisees and licensees in order to provide our products, services, and Promotions to you, and for marketing purposes;
- to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation;
- as may be necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of HJG Dwarf House, Chick-fil-A, Inc., and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other person or entity;
- to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements;
- in the event of a corporate transaction such as a sale or transfer of ownership of any the HJG Dwarf House restaurants;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
- in accordance with your consent.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
User Generated Content
Collection and Use of Personal Information of HJG Dwarf House Employment Applicants
If you complete an application for employment with HJG Dwarf House or one of its restaurants, or request information regarding such opportunities, we collect Personal Information that you provide in connection with your request for information and/or to evaluate your application for employment with us. We may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties to supplement, update, or verify your Information, and/or to process your application for consideration as an employee. Applicable law may require that you authorize a third party to share your Personal Information with us before we can acquire it. Failure to provide any requested Information may negatively impact consideration of your employment application. By applying to become an employee of HJG Dwarf House or one of its restaurants, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information in this manner.
We provide you with the opportunity to update and/or delete certain Information and to opt-out of having your Personal Information used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you may
- correct, update, and delete your online accounts;
- change your choices for subscriptions and certain communications (e.g., mailing lists, electronic communications, and other notifications);
- choose whether to receive Promotions and offers from us;
- request that we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes; and/or
- request access to your Personal Information.
Because we plan our communications in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If you continue to receive our communications after expressing an opt-out preference, please let us know so that we can investigate the situation.
Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect and use your Personal Information, we may not be able to deliver certain products, services, Promotions, and offerings to you.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please contact us via the Contact Information provided below if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent or other than in a manner authorized by law, and we will work to delete it.
Links, Third-Party Websites, and Social Media Platforms
Visiting Our Online Services from Outside of the United States
HJG Dwarf House, Inc.
5200 Buffington Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30349-2998
Attn: Legal Department
Copyright © 2015 HJG Dwarf House, Inc. All rights reserved.